5 Steps to Help You Find a Trustworthy Garage in York 2021
Here are 5 Steps to Help You Find a Most Trustworthy Garage in York
Finding a garage you feel you can trust and can turn to whenever there is a problem with your vehicle can be a challenge. Vehicle maintenance and repairs can be costly, and so we want to ensure we’re not paying more than we have to. Equally, we don’t want a garage that is willing to cut corners to cut costs, so how can you find the best garage to take your vehicle to in York?
Here are 5 easy steps to help you find a garage you can turn to again and again, no matter the problem, and relax knowing you’re in good hands.
Step 1 – Ask Around
The best place to start is to ask people you know. Ask family, friends, and co-workers if they have a garage in York that they have been going to for years. Getting ‘word of mouth’ reviews from real people, with valuable opinions, is the most useful way to find a reliable garage than simply going online and going with the first garage you see on a search engine. At Gladstone Tyres and Auto Care, we understand what an essential role we play in the local community. That’s why we’ve garnered such positive word of mouth and reviews.
Step 2 – Look Locally
The next step is to look for local garages. That doesn’t necessarily mean the one that is closest to you, but one that is quick and easy for you to get to should there be a problem that needs to be remedied right away. This is likely to be more important if you live on your own so that you can get home easily by foot or public transport should you need to. Alternatively, find a garage that offers a courtesy car or collection and delivery of your vehicle. At Gladstone Tyres and Auto Care, we can collect and deliver your vehicle for free if your home or workplace is within 10 miles of our garage.
Step 3 – Look at Reviews
Once you have found a garage you like the look of, it is important to check out their online reviews to see how satisfied their previous customers have been. If there are negative reviews and the garage have responded, look at how they have responded.
At Gladstone Tyres and Auto Care, our reviews speak for themselves with numerous 5-star reviews on Google, Yelp, and Trust pilot. If you are looking for a great, trustworthy garage in York, you will not be disappointed.
Step 4 – Check Who They’re Approved By
The next step is to check who the garage is certified and approved by. While the certifications of a garage don’t make or break their trustworthiness, they are an indication of how well the mechanics are trained and that they take their business very seriously. Approvals and certifications show that a trusted, well-established organization has vetted the garage for you and given their stamp of approval.
Gladstone Tyres and Auto Care is RAC approved, certified by the AA, and approved by the Fleet Tyre Network (FTN) so you can rest assured that Gladstone is a reliable garage in York that always does its best for its customers.
Step 5 – Financing Options
The final step is to check out the financing options offered by the garage should you find that you need them. Taking your vehicle to the garage can sometimes be very expensive, particularly if a major issue is found, so it can give you peace of mind if your garage offers some kind of payment plan that allows you to spread out those larger costs.
Gladstone Tyres and Auto Care in York offers payment plans so you can spread the cost of your vehicle repair – ensuring no problem drains your bank account. Whether your vehicle needs servicing, MOT, Repairs or tyres, if your invoice falls between £250 and £1000 you can pay off your bill over 4 monthly interest-free instalments with absolutely no added fees. To find out more, visit our Fix Now Pay Later page.
5 Tips for Making Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs Less Stressful
Maintaining vehicles can quickly become costly and stressful. Finding a garage you trust is the best thing you can do, but here are 4 more tips to help make caring for your vehicle(s) less stressful.
- Get your car serviced regularly as it will prolong the life of your vehicle.
- If you own a motorhome, make sure you take it out for a drive, or at least run it, once a week. Very few vehicles enjoy sitting!
- Try to build up a relationship with a garage you like. Start with a smaller job, like having your tyres replaced or the oil changed, so that you feel more at ease if a larger, more stressful job comes up, and you will know who to call.
- If you have an older vehicle and you know you can simply get rid of it, tell your mechanic so. Then they can tell you what it will cost to fix it, and you can decide if you want to keep it going or get a new vehicle.
- Make sure you keep your tyres in good condition. Your tyres are literally your contact with the road, and it won’t matter how good your brakes are or how fast your reactions. if you don’t have enough tread, you’ll have trouble stopping when it’s wet. By checking your tyres and keeping your wheels in alignment, you’ll prevent uneven wear and potentially cause early wear and tear on other parts of your vehicle. Gladstone Tyres and Auto Care in York provides FREE tyre health checks and inspections so you don’t have to risk your safety. Book an appointment for your free check-up today. So if you’re looking for a local tyre shop near me in York, don’t delay. It won’t cost you a thing to find out how your tyres are faring.
When you find that you need car or van servicing, any repairs, MOT (classes 4 & 7 and motorhomes), new car tyres, air-con servicing, 2 and 4 wheel alignment, or anything else in York, look no further than Gladstone Tyres and Auto Care!
We not only provide top-quality maintenance and repairs, but service for every customer too, with our vehicle pick-up and delivery service and Fix Now Pay Later options.
For a 5-star service, contact us now by calling 01904 610101 or request a free quote here. We will even do our best to beat any like-for-like quote you have been given by another garage. With MOTs from £39.99 and servicing starting at £75, you really won’t find better in York.
Gladstone Garage in York is no.1 and most trusted garage in york. Book us now for your vehicle services with full peace of mind
Ask us about Fix Now Pay Later
- 0% Interest
- No credit checks
- Instant decision
- 99% Acceptance rate
- Up to £1000